Monday, November 8, 2010

I await you

I never got to know what you looked like
I never came to know what it was to touch you
The sketch I thought I'll make for you-lies in charcoal scribbles not worth a view
Yet for all the months that your being was established, I had dreams woven around you

The news that you had come a week back, albeit a month too soon
brought in a flush of paternal love, an emotion I'd yet never known
A feeling so dear that no other emotion could be as near
An affection so great like I'd never felt

you also made me see what it is to be those- for whom I am - what you were for me
you made me honor that care, that concern, that endless anxiety whose logic I had yet to see

And now when they say you are no more
my heart feels shattered - as if some part of my soul lies sore
I yet do not know how to mourn you or what to say at all...

Yet I am certain you will be back soon
To once again give me the joys of being a parent
You are destined to come back into my life as a boon
I await your next appearance and till then surely am not leaving the dreams I wove around you



No comments: